DO I NEED MY VISION BOARD?
It’s March 2022, I know, but still: HAPPY NEW YEAR! It’s been a minute with the pandemic and all, but there’s a whole lot to share now, starting with creating your Vision Board.
If you are one of those who believe vision boards are a sham, think again!
A vision board takes the thoughts and dreams in your head and turn them into something real and tangible.
Cool right? I thought so too. If we are being honest, everyone has a lot on their plate, and the world is moving on whether we are ready or not so why not seize the day?
Why do you need a vision board?
A vision board is a collage of images and words (or phrases) designed to inspire and self-motivate you. The images represent the things you want in life and should include:
- What You want to do
- What you want to learn
- The person you want to be
A vision board can help you discover (or rediscover) what’s deeply important to you. Such areas as family, finance, health, education, career, relationship, business, etc
How to Create a Vision Board on Paper/Cardboard
- Get some sort of board – you can use a cardboard, a poster board, or a pin board.
- Pick the right images and quotes (from magazine cut outs or printed from the internet). Make sure they accurately reflect the future life you want to lead.
- Also include photos of yourself and pin them on there, along with little mementos of your journey towards your dream.
How to Create a Vision Board with Canva
(Hopefully this is easier for attendees of my previous Canva workshops)
- Create a free Canva account.
- Upload your own images or use those from the internet, then create your vision board. Here are YouTube videos to help: click here and click here
- Export your vision board out of Canva, and into an image file so you can save it as your desktop wallpaper or print it out
It’s pretty easy right? The value however is immeasurable!
Remember to place your vision board where you can see it every day as a reminder and self-motivator. Revisit your board as life changes/events occur in the course of the year.
Above all, don’t sell yourself short from what you truly want in this life. Anything in this world can be yours if you put your mind to it. You only live one life so why not live it to the fullest?
Till next time, stay awesome, because you are!
IMAGES from Unsplash, Google and Canva
I love your take on having a vision board, concise and straight to the point, and more importantly easily digestible.
Thanks for sharing.